CORE Survival HEL-STAR 5 EXO, HS-501X
- 31 days return policy
- Free shipping from 89 €
- 10% government discount
- German military mail service
The HEL-STAR 5 EXO is a helmet mounted, tactical light designed for MFF and other airborne applications, ground tactical, SAR, K9 and other confined space operations. Its helmet-friendly design significantly improves upon its predecessor the HEL-STAR 5® with increased visibility, durability and water resistance. Other improvements include a decrease in weight and, a noticeably smaller footprint. Its three user defined operating functions come in a variety of colors and IR (NIR & SWIR), as well as flash rates, (including Morse Code & NATO Flash) and select light intensity options. The HEL-STAR 5 EXO is a versatile personnel marker light developed for multiple military and tactical operations, retaining the original low-profile design required by users.Read more Read less
The no-snag Velcro interface provides an emergency peel-away safety feature thus reducing potential interference with parachute risers. User friendly tactile sliding switches can be easily operated with a gloved-hand in the blind while the helmet is donned.
The HEL-STAR 5 EXO’s built-in security design features a quick switch deactivation, along with a positive confirmation that the unit is OFF to prevent inadvertent battery drain. For additional peace of mind, users have both a positive visual and tactile confirmation when moving between the ON/OFF and function modes.
An enhanced feature of the HEL-STAR 5 EXO is its optional field reprogrammable capability which requires only the Program Interface Module (PIM) and access to a laptop. This unique option allows users to easily reprogram their lights to suit changing operational needs while in the field.
The White and Green functions both meet FAA 3-statute mile requirements and the new LED element gives users significantly improved lateral visibility and overall brightness, increasing situational awareness and safety.
The field-replaceable lithium 123 battery (no tools needed) provides longevity in extreme temperature conditions. The HEL-STAR 5 EXO has been waterproof tested to 66 feet for underwater operations.
For further Information regarding the field re-programming option and responding PIM (Programming Interface Module) please click here.
- Versatility: Three user defined functions in White, Green, Red, Blue and/or IR (flashing, coded, or steady) in various intensities.
- Safety: Low, no- snag profile. Velcro attachment provides an emergency break away feature.
- Operation: Detented sliding switches operate in the blind and provide tactile confirmation of ON/OFF and operating mode.
- Visibility: White flash meets FAA 3 statute mile requirements; redesigned LED element provides full 180 degree side visibility.
- Waterproof: Designed for waterproof operation at 66 feet plus.
- Helmet friendly: Smaller footprint; 20 grams lighter than original design
- Battery: Replaceable lithium C123 cell; no tools are required.
- Field Reprogramming Capability: Available as an option. Requires Program Interface Module (PIM) and access to a laptop.
This model (HS-501X) offers following illumination setup:
- Mode 1: Green (Steady) / White Flash
- Mode 2: Green (Steady)
- Mode 3: IR Flash
Click here to have a look at the HEL-STAR 5 EXO data sheet.
AttributesColor: Body: Khaki - Light: White/Green, Green, Infrared
Operating switch: Sliding switch
Current supply: CR123 (3V)
Type / Function: Tactical light, Helmet light
Special Features: Waterproof
Customer reviewsNo product reviews available.
No actionshots available yet.